Tuesday 16 August 2011

Hooray for Gumboots

On a recent trip down south my lovely little family popped in to one of the many breweries around to watch a couple of old friends play a fantastic gig and while we were there the heavens opened and created the wettest playground I have ever seen. I saw one poor child being thrown from a rapidly accelerating dizzy wizzy into a puddle the size of an olympic swimming pool. He was literally dripping from head to toe. The look on his face was priceless as he exclaimed the age old catch cry of the child in strife "Mum's gonna kill me"


I was thanking my lucky stars that A. My little tackers were still young enough to guide away from the very alluring water playground and B. That Master D has had an obsession with his gumboots for the last month and therefor we had them on hand for some very inviting (to his eye, not mine) swampy fields.



There was lots of leaping and splashing to be done



A little bit of faceplanting in the mud



This was Margaret River so of course there were some cows to jump off



and you can get some great air off those cows you know


The end result was one very wet but happily worn out little munchkin and a memory for our family to cherish forever.

Just the way I like it.

2 comments:

  1. Some great pics there Hun, airborne off the mooer is a classic!

    ReplyDelete