Thursday 18 August 2011

Mr Independence

My first born is all about independence.

I woke up this morning to the most angelic little voice saying "Good morning Mamma" quickly followed by an angelic little face kissing my cheek and a develish little person pushing me off my pillow saying "I need some room"
I knew DH had gotten up early to go for a surf but couldn't hear any other sounds in the house so was pretty sure he had already left.

"Did Dadda get you out of your cot?" I asked (pretty sure of the answer)
"Nope" came the reply
"Did you climb out of your cot on your own?" I asked (pretty much positive of the answer this time)
"Yep" replied my cheeky cherub "Can I play with my 'puter?" (a very loved old laptop he likes to pretend with but can't open on his own)
"Sure" I said
"You open it" he asked
"Nope, not right now" I said in my sleepy state (I am far from a cheery, helpful morning person.)

I listened for a while to his happy playing whilst I got up and started mentally preparing myself for the repeat of last summer's 6:30 awakenings and the thought that this year I won't be able to leave him in his cot and just call out "It's too early, read a book or something!"

A few minutes passed and I heard Mr Independence trotting back down the hall to my bedroom. In he wandered and held out a small tub of yoghurt. "You mind open this for me" his angelic little voice asked. "Sure" I replied as I walked into the kitchen to find a kiddy chair pushed up to the (at least closed) fridge door.

Yes, my devilish first born angel is all about independence but at least this summer I will be able to have a lie in while he makes his own breakfast.

(And I'm only half kidding)

No comments:

Post a Comment