Friday 16 September 2011

Another Great Op Shop Find

My lovely sunshine sister and I have been busy, busy, busy preparing for our respective 12 month olds' first birthdays. We have been creating up a storm and after all the mayhem of a joint circus themed birthday party we may finally find the time to share some of our circus themed projects with you.

Until then I will just share with you this little bric-a-brac item I grabbed at the op shop the other day. The boys and I had popped in to spend $5 Little F received from his great grandies for his big day and I saw this.



I'm sure in it's previous life it was used for neatly dividing food stuffs for dinner parties and family functions but in our imaginitive little minds we saw an animal sorting tray.

We collected all our little animals and sorted them into colours or animal types (farm, safari, bugs etc.) Little D sorted them into animals with tails. That looks like this.



Little F was not so much into the sorting yet but he enjoyed trit trotting the little animals into random compartments and then throwing them all onto the floor.

Best of all this was another minimal purchase that is going to have a long shelf life in our home with lots of imaginative re-purposing.

No comments:

Post a Comment