Friday 13 April 2012

Interview with an 8 year old!

I was reading a sensational blog the other day by Centsational Girl who had found a conversation starter on Pinterest which involved interviewing your child.  Reading the questions and the children's answers picqued my curiosity and I started to wonder how my two eldest would answer, so the next time I had a quiet moment with them we sat down and I interviewed them.

Some of their answers were extremely predictable, a few were very cute and others really surprised me.  For instance, I had no idea that Master 5 was interested in helicopters, that he appreciates me for my fantastic skills in the laundry or that he thinks I am 10 years old, but what surprised me most was Master 8's answer to the question - What was the happiest day of your life?  His answer was almost immediate so I know he didn't have time to contrive an answer that he knew would simply please me and the look on his face led me to believe he was completely genuine.  It certainly tugged at my heart strings and helped me remember what a kind, loving soul he really has, something that doesn't always shine through the typical 8 year old attitude.

So here are the questions and answers for you to peruse and then maybe you could give it a go with your kids, you never know, they might just surprise you too.  Enjoy!!!


When are you (or have you been) most afraid? Master 8   In a blackout when I was little and there was a big storm.
  Master 5   When I'm near dogs.
What was the happiest day of your life? Master 8   When all my brothers were born.
  Master 5   Seeing Santa last time.
If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be? Master 8   Master 5's behaviour.
  Master 5   I don't know.
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Master 8   Nothing.
  Master 5   My bad eye.
What is the one thing you could not live without? Master 8   My Mum.
  Master 5   Nanna and Mummy.
What is your favorite movie? Master 8   The Adventures of Tin Tin.
  Master 5   The Spy Next Door.
What cartoon character would you most like to be? Master 8   Tassie Devil.
  Master 5   Ben 10.
What is the worst thing about being 8
(or 5) years old?
Master 8   Nothing.
  Master 5   Fighting.
What is the best thing about being 8
(or 5) years old?
Master 8   No Naplan this year at school.
  Master 5   School.
Describe your perfect day. Master 8   Spending the day with Mum going bowling and swimming.
  Master 5   Going to the movies.
What job would you like to have when      you grow up? Master 8   I don't know yet.
  Master 5   Fly helicopters.
Who are your best friends and why? Master 8   Danial, Hayden, Jesse and Christian because they are really fun to hang out with and they're really funny.
  Master 5   Mark because we look for buses and Ethan and Shelton because they are fun.
What does Mom always say to you? Master 8   Behave!
  Master 5   I love you!
What makes Mom happy? Master 8   Not being naughty.
  Master 5   When we are nice.
What makes Mom sad? Master 8   When the kids are naughty.
  Master 5   When we be naughty.
How does Mom make you laugh? Master 8   When she's funny.
  Master 5   Tickles me.
What was Mom like as a child? Master 8   Beautiful!
  Master 5   I don't know.
How old is Mom? Master 8   34
  Master 5   10
How tall is Mom? Master 8   I don't know.
  Master 5   Really tall.
What is Mom’s favorite thing to do? Master 8   Cook.
  Master 5   Write.
What does Mom do when you’re not around? Master 8   Cleans up, cooks, does washing, looks after my brothers and goes on her computer.
  Master 5   Go on the computer, clean and run.
What is Mom really good at? Master 8   Cooking, 
  Master 5   Washing.
What is Mom really bad at? Master 8   Nothing.
  Master 5   Nothing.
What does Mom do for her job? Master 8   Look after kids.
  Master 5   I don't know.
What is Mom’s favorite food? Master 8   Salad.
  Master 5   Chicken.
If Mom was a cartoon character, who        would she be? Master 8   Tassie Devil's Mum.
  Master 5   Sam Sam's Mum.
How are you and Mom the same? Master 8   We have the same blood.
  Master 5   We have the same eyes and mouth.
How are you and Mom different? Master 8   She's older than me.
  Master 5   Mummy is a women.
How do you know your Mom loves you? Master 8   Because she's my Mum.
  Master 5   Because she says so.
Where is Mom’s favorite place to go? Master 8   Home.
Master 5   At home.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Do you like how Master 5 can not live without Nanna and Mummy - no mention of Pappa!!!

      Delete