Friday 23 December 2011

More little girl dresses from the woman with 4 boys!

Well, I thought I was so organised this year.  I'd done all my Christmas shopping before November and even bought everything I needed for the many handmade gifts I was giving.  I had a total of 10 handmade gifts I planned on making and having bought all the supplies I made a start back in October.   By the end of November I was half way done.  By mid December I was still only half way done.  Four days until Christmas and I still had four to do, three of which I hadn't even started.  Needless to say, I have had a few marathon nights at the sewing machine and I am exhausted!  

Surviving on four hours of sleep a night when you have four boys to deal with in the day, a house to clean and food to prepare for the 28 people coming for dinner on Christmas Eve makes for a rather grumpy Mamma!  But, I am happy to say I have finally finished.  YAY!!!!  This morning I started and finished my final gift and everything is now wrapped - All with one day to spare! 

I can't share eight of the gifts with you yet as I don't want to spoil the surprise for the recipients but I can show you the matching little dresses I did for a good friend's two gorgeous girls.  A pretty ruffle dress for her 5 year old and a pillowcase dress for her 8 month old.  I finished the ruffle dress at 1am this morning and, although incredibly tired, I found it hard to fall asleep as I was so excited by how it turned out.  

Here are the shot's I took in my sleepy haze at 1am.






And here are some more shot's on my helpful little models taken at the more respectable time of 1 pm. 



You can see that Master 15 months does not feel the same as Master 5 when it comes to modelling girls dresses but doesn't he look so cute!!!  (It's a little small on him as it is made for someone almost half his age but it goes to show the versatility of a pillowcase dress.  Once the dress is too short she can easily wear it as a tunic and then a top.  It should do her for quite a few years.)

In hind sight I do think I over-extended myself this year, perhaps I should have started in June instead or maybe just not have left so much to the last minute.  I am very happy with all my end results though and I do hope the little kiddies all love their gifts as much time and love has gone into them.  

I am looking forward to sharing the rest of the pressies with you all next week but for now it is back to cleaning the house after a much needed computer and cuppa break!  Merry Christmas to everyone, keep safe and enjoy this special time of year with your friends or family!  Best Wishes to All!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment