Tuesday 5 July 2011

...... and Rainbows!!!

With the copious amount of rain we've been having of late we have been playing a game when in the car to see who spots the most rainbows. With Master 4 firmly in the lead I decided to make a rainbow of our own. After picking up Master 8 from school we came home to some extra large pieces of butchers paper, seven bottles of paint and one extra large paint brush.

I started with Master 3. I painted one hand red and the other blue and he stamped out lots of handprints. Master 8 was next with handprints of orange and indigo. Master 4 followed with yellow and violet. With their hands covered in paint I set up our water play table in the bathroom full off warm, soapy water, threw in a few toy marine animals and let them play the paint off. Meanwhile, I took Master 9 Months for his turn with the paints and he had great fun squishing green handprints all over the paper.


I returned to the bathroom to find it flooded and the boys completely drenched but all with massive smiles on their faces. Into the bath they all went! I wonder how much longer I'll be able to get away with bathing them all at once. It is a bit crowded when Master 8 joins in.

With all four boys snuggled in their pj's and robes I sat down to cut out the handprints. All
58 of them! We then glued them in a arch in rainbow colour order. All's to do now is to wait for the pot of gold to appear!


Sunshine, Lollypops and (now we have) Rainbows - Everything that's wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment