Monday 4 July 2011

Too busy to blog !!!

I had a conversation with Frogs, Snails and Puppydog's Tail today and she said to me, 'I've done 5 blogs already and you've only done 1', to which I politely replied, 'Sister, I've been too busy doing the things we want to blog about to find time to actually blog about them.' 

So what was keeping me too busy to blog?  It's my boys Great Grandmother's (Gigi) birthday this week so they decided to make her a card.  Master 8 and Master 4 just love making cards, they would make a card for the plumber if I let them.  They don't care who it's for they just want to make them.  Normally the cards have pirates or farm animals on them but this time I asked them to think about the person they were making it for and to choose their supplies based on what that person likes. 

I was surprised by how much consideration they put into the cards.  The cards were pink!  I love it that my boys are not colour predjudice and are happy working with pinks and other colours society depicts as being only for girls.  They decorated their cards with flowers and drew pictures of gardens, knowing that their Gigi loves the garden.  I was very impressed with their end results and I'm sure their Gigi will absolutely love them.


I also whipped up a lounge pant set for Master 8. 
He chose some charcoal corderoy from Spotlight and some cotton fabric that matched nicely for the accents.  I then took a charcoal t shirt we already had and sewed on an applique using the accent fabric.  He wanted a shark so I made up a template, cut it out and using Heat and Bond, I ironed it to the t shirt.  One happy eight year old!  I also made another pair of cute little pants for my 2 months old nephew. 






To top it off, Master 8 had his first school project to complete for presentation at school this week.  He really impressed me with his creativity and his knowledge of Microsoft Word.  He came up with some really clever and artistic ideas for the presentation and spent a lot of time online researching the topic. 

So overall it was a busy Sunday in my house but it ended with me learning just how thoughtful and creative my two eldest boys are.  Love you boys!

2 comments:

  1. Good work, I love the clothes set. Looking forward to seeing today's work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Dugong Devon.

    ReplyDelete