Thursday 22 September 2011

Pine cone men!

It was one of those rare days when I got some quiet time alone with Master 4 back in August (OK, it was really July - and yes FSP, I am still hanging my head in shame at my blogging slackness of late).

Anyway, Master 4 had stumbled across the basket of pine cones we had collected from our treasure hunt in the Pine Forest which you can see here.

I asked FSP if we could borrow her much loved glue-gun (learn about her love of her gun here!)  and whilst bubs slept we heated that glue gun up and went to town making pine cone men.  


A few beads here and some embellishments there and our first pine cone man was complete.  


Master 4 was particularly proud!  (Yes, he is one of those boys who fake smiles - even his eyes fake smile)


I cut him out some leaf shaped card and asked him what he could make.  He stuck some pieces of card in half a dozen places before he came with this one.


We glued some red buttons on for eyes and in his words 'TaDaDa. A Bat!'


Then I had a turn.  I decided to make a special turkey just for FSP!  Hope you like it Tokkey!  Thanks for the use of the glue-gun.


A fun afternoon of creating with nature!

1 comment:

  1. Good girl, two in one day. Now we just have to keep up with it.
    I love the tokkey!

    ReplyDelete