Saturday 2 July 2011

Our Farm


Today, whilst I was cleaning out a few old boxes looking for photo frames (I'm working on framing some of the boy's artwork and getting some photos up on the wall) I came across an old box of jewellery with a not so fashionable and slightly worn old wooden choker. Now being that I hate to throw anything out (which is how the choker managed to still be in a packing box in a house that we have lived in for nearly three years) I thought surely there is some way I can reuse this item so I went collecting bibs and bobs from around the house. I grabbed a couple of treasure out of little F's treaure basket, took the flowers and leaves off the stems of some of our home corner's fake flowers, found some interesting placemats and chopstick holders and a few wooden boxes that some toys had come packaged in. I then collected little D out of his cot because there is no way he was going down for his afternon nap and I just couldn't listen to "Good morning Mamma, you get me up" one more time without feeling a little guilty about keeping him in there. We grabbed the animal basket and got to playing. D decided the set definately needed a rooster, a horse, a pig and a cow so a farm it was. I grabbed my felt box and cut out a little blue pond and turned the jewellery box on it's side to make the hen house and TADA! An easy peasy, quickly prepared farm playscape for a rainy afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Now I need a felt box too. I feel another trip to Spotlight is on the cards.

    ReplyDelete